Refer to the brochure for more information. * White Fingers - Your finger tips may become temporarily white after applying Crest Whitestrips Supreme. This is common with products containing peroxide and is not harmful. The whiteness can be avoided by washing the gel off your fingers with soap and water after applying the strips.
* If You Have Dental Work - CREST WHITESTRIPS SUPREME WILL ONLY WHITEN NATURAL TEETH. The strips will NOT whiten caps, crowns, veneers, fillings or dentures. If you have dental work on the teeth to be treated, consult with your dentist prior to use. Crest Whitestips Supreme has not been observed to harm standard dental restorative materials.
Crest Whitestrips Supreme Professional Strength 84 strips Features
- 84 Supreme Whitestrips per box (42 upper strips and 42 lower strips)
- 80% more effective tooth whitening than regular Crest Whitestrips available in stores
- 14% longer upper strips and 18% longer lower strips
- Strongest concentration available on any whitestips
Crest Whitestrips Supreme Professional Strength 84 strips ReviewsThe Strongest Crest At-Home Bleaching Product
As a dentist, I am often asked by patients and friends where to start in terms of selecting a bleaching product. Since Crest produces some very good products, I generally steer them to Crest products. However, there are a multitude of Crest bleaching products to select from, so where does one begin? Here is my advice in selecting and using Crest Bleaching products:
First, let's begin with Crest Whitestrips Supreme Professional Strength. The bleaching strip is different from all the other Crest Bleaching products in two ways: It has a 14% hydrogen peroxide bleaching gel, and the strip is 50% thinner than previous products. The primary advantage to this system is (in general) a quicker bleaching result, and less exposure to hydrogen peroxide, as there is less hydrogen peroxide in each strip (which is why the strip is 50% thinner). One bleaches for 30 minutes a day for 21 days for maximal result. Crest also claims less gum irritation by using this product.
A brief review of the other Crest bleaching products is in order to understand the other options available. Crest White Strips come in as many as 7 different formulations. This can be very confusing for the consumer! Please remember the key difference in all these products is the strength of the hydrogen peroxide gel, and of course the price. The higher the dose of hydrogen peroxide, the faster the bleaching result, and the most costly as well. Here is a quick summary of the products:
1. Crest White Strips Classic (6% hydrogen peroxide, 14-day treatment). 2. Crest White Strips Premium (10% hydrogen peroxide, 7-day treatment). 3. Crest White Strips Premium Plus (10% hydrogen peroxide, and has 12 additional strips).
4. Crest Pro Effects (10% hydrogen peroxide, 10-day treatment).
5. Crest Advanced Seal (10% hydrogen peroxide, 10-day treatment).
6. Daily Whitening Multicare (6% hydrogen peroxide, 5-minutes/day, 6-week supply)
7. Daily Whitening with Tartar Protection (6% hydrogen peroxide, 5-minutes/day, has a chemical that discourages tartar from attaching to the teeth, 38 upper and lower strips)
In using any of the Crest bleaching products, please follow the specified instructions that come with each product.
1. For most products, the instructions will direct you to bleach twice a day for 30-minutes a time. The inner part of the strip has a chemical called hydrogen peroxide that causes the stains inside your teeth to be oxidized and turn white. Applying the strips has a small learning curve as you will probably bend or fold a couple of them before you get the technique down.
2. Leave the strips on for the time recommended in the instructions and do not overbleach your teeth, as this can lead to sensitivity. Crest bleaching products will generally work for most people, especially younger people and those with yellow stains.
Potential Disadvantages to Consider
1. Hydrogen Peroxide can "burn" your gums. If you notice a burning sensation when you use the product, it is the chemical oxidizing (or burning) your gums (it will turn them white with a minor chemical burn). Depending on how severe the burning is, it may cause you to want to stop the treatment. It is OK to stop the treatment for a day or two to let the gums heal. Once they are healed, resume treatment with the White Strips. Try to not get the strip too far up on your gums.
2. Your teeth may become senstiive during the treatment time. Try to tolerate the sensitivity if it is mild, but if more severe, take a day or two off to let the teeth settle down and then pick up where you left off. You may notice much more sensitivity to cold water, ice cream, etc. The peroxide causes a revesible inflamation of the inner pulp, or nerve center of the tooth and makes the teeth very sensitive to biting or cold drinks or foods. If your teeth become too sensitive, back off on the strips until the sensitivity is gone before resuming bleaching.
3. The strips only cover your front teeth, so only your front teeth will bleach. You may notice the distinct difference between the back (unbleached) teeth and the front (bleached) teeth. Since most people notice the front 6 teeth anyway, this is not a big deal. However, if you have a wide toothy smile, you may want to have a dentist make you a tray that will hold the chemical on the back teeth to whiten them too.
4. The bleaching effect works best on yellow stains. If your stains are due to tetracycline (brownish grey stains in a band on your teeth, your best bet is to have a dentist whiten your teeth in the office for two sessions and then use White Strips to continue the bleaching process.
Crest White Strips work for the vast majority of people. Younger people with yellow stains seem to respond better than older people or those with gray stains. If you have severely stained teeth, especially those with tetracycline (an antibiotic) stain, the strips may not work well for you.
If you are not satisfied with the results and still want whiter teeth, you can then see your dentist for a more concentrated in-office form of bleaching (called "power bleaching").
This product was purchased by my wife. Have always ordered through dentist before. Dentist performed whitening study, teeth became 2 shades whiter when used as recommended. Continue to use approx. 3-4 times a month to maintain whitening. Since using these whitening strips have been complemented several times on teeth being white. Some sensitivity in the beginning but after initial use sensitivity lessened.